With Apex Legends Season 2 having gone live this week, we decided to take a look at what Respawn has in store for players throughout the season. From epic map changes to new champions and legendary weapons, there is a load of new content to digest, which is why we have broken it all up in an easily-accessible manner down below.
Season 2 Battle Pass
The new season features an all-new Battle Pass, which includes a whole range of rewards to be earned. Respawn focused on the comments left by fans and worked on improving the Battle Pass tremendously. For only 950 Apex Coins, you get a variety of rewards, which definitely makes it feel worth your while if you’re planning on grinding to level 100. Rewards consist of:
- 1000 Apex coins
- 1200 Crafting material
- 10 Exclusive sky dive emotes
- 2 Exclusive Legendary character skins (Caustic & Octane)
- 2 Three-stage reactive Legendary R-301 weapon skins
- 1 Exclusive Legendary Spitfire weapon skin
- 1 Exclusive Epic alternator weapon skin
- 1 Apex Pack with a guaranteed Legendary item
- 1 Apex Pack with a guaranteed Epic item
- 10 Standard Apex packs
- 3 Exclusive Rare character skins
- 10 Exclusive loading screens
- 6 Exclusive music packs
- 21 Exclusive Rare weapon skins
- 10 Exclusive banner frame
- 10 Battle Pass boosts
Season 2 has introduced two new legends to the arena. Although the first was announced at E3 earlier this year, the teaser for a second was unexpected. The first Legend is Wattson. As the name suggests, her abilities are focused around electrical currents. Her loadout includes:
- Tactical Ability: Perimeter Security – Connect nodes to create electrified fences that damages & slows enemies down.
- Passive Ability: Spark of Genius – Ultimate accelerants fully charge your ultimate ability, and standing near interception pylon boosts your tactical ability recharge.
- Ultimate Ability: Interception Pylon – Place an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordinance and repairs damaged shields as long as it stands (max 3).
The second Legend has not been released yet, only teased. “Crypto” looks like a character whose abilities may be focused around hacking. The trailer shows him hacking into technology to launch an EMP attack on Repulsor Towers, allowing for the Leviathans to cause some damage. With the potential to alter technology, he will certainly cause disruption in Kings Canyon. There isn’t any insight into his abilities as of yet, but keep a look out for more information.
If you inspect the weapons you come across a little more closely during your battles, you might find the new Legendary weapon that joins the ranks of the Kraber & Mastiff. This weapon is a fast-firing, automatic, door-destroying plasma rifle, which certainly packs a punch. It’s the L-STAR.
Other weapon changes include extended magazines for energy weapons, together with disruptor rounds for the Alternator and RE-45, and hammerpoint rounds for the P2020 and Mozambique. With a couple buffs here and there, this should make early-game combat a bit more interesting.
The Respawn Team has introduced daily and weekly challenges, allowing players to move through the ranks of their Battle Pass in a more unique and interesting way. Most of the rewards are an extra level in the Battle Pass (+1 BP Lvl) or points towards a level up.
Lee Horn, lead product manager, stated “all players should feel more rapid Battle Pass progression and the journey will hopefully be more fun and interesting. Also, this addition should allow players who can only dedicate a few hours a week to the game to make a very deep cut into their Battle Pass progression.”
Besides the usual match-made games, which allow you to play against other players on the same server as you, you are now able to participate in Ranked Matches.
These are like regular matches, but against people with similar skill levels as yourself. Here you will be able to climb the ranks to earn the title of Apex predator. Entering into matches above bronze ranking will cost you “Ranked Points (RP)“, depending on the match sought.
Earning Ranked Points will be based off of player kills and final position placed in matches. This system will hopefully stop experienced player praying on beginners.
Season 2 looks like it is going to be an action-packed, thanks to all the changes. Catch all your updates here at Five Minute Discussions.